Saturday, March 14, 2020

Corona Virus 2020


We have been instructed to practice "social distance!" Whatever this Corvid 19 thing is, we are now officially on an extended spring break, two weeks, and who knows if we will really return to school on the 31st? Soccer practice and games have been cancelled for two weeks. Toilet paper and hand sanitizer is a hot commodity at the store where lines go all around the building to check out. Some people are on lock down, others are still gathering together. We are somewhere in the middle. 

The most unexpected change has been what is happening with church. We have been instructed to not go to church or have any church activities for the unforeseen future. We've been taught, the past year, about home centered, church supported learning. I guess that was inspired! The Temples are closed after today unless there are live sealings or ordinances that need to be performed. It's all unheard of. I have to trust our leaders and those health professionals who have labelled our current situation as a pandemic. We need to stay home and avoid major groups. 

It's somewhat depressing, but we will get through it, no biggie. Really, I just have to figure out how to keep the boys busy for the next week and then we can hopefully head to Utah for spring break, come back and go back to school. But, I fear it may be a little more serious. I'm hopeful the kids can return to school, but what if they can't? The district has mentioned online school work and contact, we shall see. Most Universities have cancelled graduation and have sent everyone home and will commence Monday to do online instruction. Travis will still work and the kids and I will have time at home. If it's sunny we can find activities to do outside, but that only satisfies 3/5 of the kids. We shall see how it goes. 

I made it to the temple yesterday, a day before it shut down with a prayer in my heart to know how to help the Young Women stay close to spirit during this time away from church activities. Also, to help Ethan gain some sort of desire to attend the temple. I had no real personal revelation, but I felt at peace and happy when I was finished. 

Everything is going to be okay, just cuz I know it will be. We are experiencing a bit of history that my kids will talk about forever. So, it's up to me to make it fun and positive for them in whatever way I can. Here we go. May God bless every leader on this planet to make the right decisions for their country and may God bless our little family as we embark on this new adventure of slowing down. 


No comments: