Saturday, July 5, 2014

Schools out for summer...again!

(I forgot to push publish on this when I wrote it over a month ago!)

What a great year all my kids had in school this year.  Kedzie had Mrs. Nunnally and Mrs. Higgins and will actually have them again next year as they loop up a grade with most of their class returning.  She's at a 5th grade reading level and at grade level for math.  We've really got to work on multiplication and division this summer, but we can do it.  She got great marks on her report card, it's a 1,2,3,4 standards based grading which is totally different than the ABC's of my day.  But, she got 3 and 4's which means she's at grade level and beyond.  It's great.  She has made some wonderful friends and is choosing a great group of girls to hang out with.  The boys are even nice in her class.

Ethan had a fabulous year with Mrs. Montoya and was actually really sad to have the year end.  And then let's talk about his mother.  Yup, I cried when I picked him up after school.  I don't get it, but that kid is still a baby to me I guess, and he just keeps growing up.  He'll be in second grade and be baptized next spring.  Ugghhh.  Ethan, stop growing on me!  He got all 4's in math which means he's above grade level and really improved his reading which he is doing really great at as well.  We've introduced "captain underpants" books to him this summer.  Sadly for me, he's going to love them.  He is all boy and all silly and all trouble and I love all of him!

Alex and Mr. T grew so much this year at Tarver Pre-school.  I couldn't have asked or planned for a better experience for them.  They are ready to start reading, so we are going to work on some sight words this summer and some addition facts.  It's so exciting to see their minds work and grow.  Love them.  They had fabulous teachers with Ms. Amy, Ms. Peggy, Ms. Sara, Ms. Sharon, Ms. Tammy and Ms. Lori.  We have been so blessed to have this pre-school program and the wonderful ladies that  teach my kids.  Alex was sad it was over because he "wouldn't see Olivia every day next year." She'll stay at Tarver Elem and Alex will move on to Prairie Hills.  He truly was upset by it as you can tell by the pictures.  However, they ran up to their future kindergarten teacher and announced that they were now kindergartners to her after school.  They are ready and had great teachers to get them ready.

We had a great day at field day playing with teachers and friends.  And, as a volunteer in both classes, I got to attend two parties and received beautiful cards and lovely gifts from the teachers.  I'm so grateful that I  can volunteer my time to these amazing teachers and be around my kids in their world.  

Enjoy the photos of the end of school year 2013-14.
















f








No comments: