I am a True, blue Aggie! And we had the chance to race to Utah for homecoming this year. We drove Thursday night and returned home Sunday night. We were in Logan for about 48 hours and it was worth the drive, the money, the adventure...we made the greatest memories. I think I'm officially raising Aggie fans, and thanks to Travis for helping nuture these little Aggies, right along with me.
We spent money in the bookstore on great paraphernalia, in addition to winning loads of fun things at the 5K raffle. Another fun thing about the trip was the mere fact that we were playing Colorado State University! They beat us last year in the last few seconds and it was time for sweet revenge. In addition, Kedzie made a sweet bet with her previous teacher, Mrs. Higgins and Kedzie won! Mrs. Higgins had to wear a USU shirt to school!
We participated in the 5K around campus on Friday night where I walked away with a Matt Wells autographed football helmet due to the pressure of Ethan and my abilities to participate in a silent auction! It's extra fun because it's a full sized, heavy helmet and Matt was the QB and a friend during my time at USU. It's awesome.
Saturday morning we met Carrie and her family at the homecoming parade and then went to my student leadership alumni luncheon where I saw some old Aggie friends. We then went to the game where we crushed CSU!
At halftime, there was about an hour lightening delay, so they cleared the stadium. Kathy and Reggie, who joined us for the adventures, headed home with two kids while I kept Ethan and Alex and some of Carrie's kids. We saw that the stairs to the field weren't being monitored, so we went down them and the boys got to touch the field and play a little football on the side. I think that was Ethan's highlight. He plans to play football for the Aggies someday!
We really had a great, whirlwind of a weekend and it was totally worth it. Can't wait to do it again; Travis can however!!!
Go Aggies!
We went and played some soccer on the soccer fields in the morning.
Shelly, me, Melissa and Keri
Carrie and I...PLC alum
Kedzie and Mrs. Higgins












No comments:
Post a Comment