Oh we had a fabulous summer, and as we move on, we are all so excited about the school year ahead of us. Thank goodness for breaks and for routines.
So, Ethan's in first grade with some of his best friends, Jada, Jackson and Garrett. His teacher is Mrs. Montoya and we couldn't be more pleased with where he is at academically and we are excited to see his growth this year.
Kedzie is in third grade with the fabulous team teachers, Mrs. Nunnally and Mrs. Higgins. She also has a student teacher for this semester. She's so excited to be in third grade and to have so many
teachers in her life.
The little's, Mr. Alex and Mr. T are in pre-K! They are in separate classes, so that even makes it better! Alex is ready for school at 7:30am and has to wait to go until 11:35. It's painful for him. He's finally big enough to go to school just like the rest of the kids. He's in heaven. Mr. T was nervous that I wouldn't pick him up after school, which goes along with some of his issues. But, he is gaining trust and appears to be enjoying himself.
As for me, I have three hours to myself! I don't even have to worry about one person because they are all happy and safe. It's only day two so who knows what is really going to happen with me, but it's an exciting thing to think about. I might get things done, I might sew, I might read or take a nap, I might go to lunch, I might get bored. I know I'm going to volunteer in the kids classrooms too. Time will tell.
It's going to be a great year for all of us. I'm so proud of my kids and the effort they put into school and learning and growing and playing. They're awesome. Now, back to my alone time!
1 comment:
Great 1st day pictures! Glad to see that Mr. T is still with you.
Post a Comment