Friday, June 15, 2012

Thelma...oh and Scott!!!

So, we have some wonderful neighbors that have turned into such amazing friends and support for me and my family.  I thought I'd take a moment and blog about the Asper's.  

The first Christmas we lived her, we delivered them cookies and they delivered us a handmade afghan! That tells you right there how thoughtful and giving they are and we are so blessed to have them in our lives.  

Our relationship with them soared after we had Kedzie.  Thelma and Scott would regularly babysit and love on our angel girl and spoil her on every holiday and birthday.  It has grown by leaps and bounds over the past seven years.  

Our relationship with Thelma is truly strong.  We adore Scott, we just don't see him as often as he is a truck driver and gone for days at a time.  But, Thelma is around daily, as she works from home.  Work however, truly does impede our fun time with her!!!

I wasn't sure that I had a lot of pictures of the Asper's and lo and behold, I do!  I'm so grateful because they are so supportive and impactful in our lives.  Thelma is like our Grandma close to home.  If I needed anything, I'd just have to pick up the phone and call her.  We are truly blessed.  So, here are some photos of Thelma, Scott and our kids over the past seven years. 

We love you Scott and Thelma. Thanks for loving us! 

Kedzie at 2 months with Thelma

Kedzie got this Santa chair from Scott and Thelma for her first Christmas!  It has entertained little ones for years now!

Best buddies!

Along comes Ethan!  One of our first hospital visitors was Thelma



Scott and the chubby baby Ethan!

The pumpkin patch!

Halloween 2007


Along comes the third kid, Alex!  Scott and Thelma visited on day one!


Thelma at Kedzie's pre-school graduation! 

Halloween 2009


Yum, peas?! 

Alex' first birthday!

Although I don't have photos, Thelma flew out to my mom's funeral to support me and my family.  Could I ask for a better friend?  I don't think so.  She is amazing.  
I clearly need to take some more pictures because I couldn't find another one in the last two years, but here is the most recent.  Thelma of course, supporting Kedzie and our family at Kedzie's latest dance recital.  We are blessed to have them as our neighbors and friends.  


We love Thelma and Scott Asper!





1 comment:

Kim said...

Truly a blessing! SO happy you have them.