Monday, March 9, 2015

For time and all eternity

What a wonderful day Friday, March 6, 2015 was for our family.  I can't express the gratitude and joy that I feel deep in my soul! The evening was perfect.  My family is eternal.  We are truly blessed.

Kathy, Reggie along with my aunts Merle and Iva were our family in the temple and then the friends...we are blessed with such an amazing support system.  Each of the people present at the temple are major players in our lives and have been highly involved in Triston's life the past two years. The room was filled.  In fact, Brother Dennis Brown, our sealer and past singles ward bishopric member, stated at the beginning of the sealing that he would like to welcome all our friends and all the angles that were present.  My heart was filled with joy.  I just know that my mom, Vickie, Joe and many others were present to witness this special event.  I felt my mom in my heart. It was an answer to prayers.  

Just to always remember and be grateful, here are the people who were physically present at the sealing:  Lisa and Craig Thornton, Cory and Tiffany Thornton, Traci and Collin Rothey, Mitzi and Chris Brady, Erin and Perry Holland, Amy Cottrell, Scott and Chelsie Bruggeman, Donna and Alan Lucius, Tara and Dustin Marx, Carol Summers, Jen Bair, Iva, Merle, Kathy, Reggie, Jami Cartwright, Jill and Ron Hellbusch, Lisa and Sam Hosfelt, Laura Valentine, Natalee and Bryan Gibson, Lisa Knabb, Mark Conover and Dennis Brown. So sweet!

Lisa Thornton just happened to sit next to me.  I was so grateful for her hand the entire time Brother Brown spoke to us.  She was a mom for me and squeezed my hand and held it the entire time.  I'm so lucky to have people that love me.  

Our witnesses were Reggie and Perry.  Couldn't ask for two more amazing individuals to fill those positions.  We are grateful for Reggie and for the friendship of the Hollands.  

The kids were able to attend the temple and witness the sealing. Honestly, this was the biggest day in our families life! When will I ever have all my children in the temple with me again? Maybe as teenagers doing baptisms and then when Alex decides to go on a mission in 13+ years.  What a blessing to be able to have us all in that beautiful sealing room to witness the event.

Kedzie and Ethan had to obtain a limited use recommend.  That means they were interviewed by both the bishop and Stake President.  I think it was a great experience for them both.  Ethan also had to be baptized.  They are both accountable and had to answer the questions correctly! 

Triston had a cute new outfit from Grandma Kathy and was nervous when we arrived, but he and the other kids were escorted into the kids room and played and ate snacks and hung out together for over an hour, before they entered the sealing room.  

The older kids were in their regular clothes and walked in with big smiles.  And then in walked Triston in his white clothes and beautiful smile and face.  What a great kid.  Tears were streaming down my face and many other faces in the room.  Brother Brown sealed Triston to our family for time and all eternity and it was done!  Simple and beautiful. 

Prior to the kids coming, Brother Brown spent about fifteen minutes talking about the meaning of all the things we do in the temple.  Oh my goodness it was beautiful and educational and helpful.  I wish I could remember it all, but I will think about the Lord and all the symbolism in the Temple revolving around the love He has for us here on earth.  We are truly blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and to be such a major player.  

Following the sealing, we were able to hug all those who attended.  I've gained all these wonderful friends in the last twelve years of living in our home and this ward.  What a treasure.  

Erin and Kathy were outside passing out bundtini's to everyone, thanking them for coming while we changed back into our regular clothes and grabbed the kids.  We then had dinner at Noodles & Co and headed home.  What a wonderful few hours with my sweet little family, my aunties, my in laws and friends.  It couldn't have not been any sweeter.  

My prayer is that my children will always remember this experience with love and joy and they will gain a testimony of the Temple and maintain strong testimonies of Jesus Christ.

I have a testimony of the Temple and I believe in Eternal Life and that families can be together forever.  I know that if we try every day to make the right decisions, our lives will be blessed.  Even if we have struggles and things don't go the way we  have planned, everything still happens for a reason.  I know Heavenly Father loves me. I know the Holy Ghost is present in my life.  I know I am not perfect, and I kill myself trying to be perfect at times.  But, I believe in the Atonement and the fact that my Savior will cover all my follies.  I can't imagine living without this knowledge.  How blessed I am.  

I'm grateful Triston is in our family and that he is our son forever and beyond.  My heart has already changed and for that I am grateful.  






Memories and thoughts from my children about their experience:
Kedzie: She felt comforted by the Holy Ghost and she felt safe and happy.  She thought the temple was really pretty and she loved the stained glass. 
Ethan: Felt comforted and happy.  As I was asking him about the temple he said "Thank you to Triston for being in our family." (huge!) He is grateful for Triston. He remembers the picture of Jesus when he walked into the temple and that the temple was pretty. He also loved the mirrors going on and on in the sealing room. 
Alex: He said he felt happy, happy, happy! He remembers seeing the baptistry and loved the play room. 
Triston: He cried when he went in the room because he was happy.  He loved eating cookies in the play room.  His favorite part was the alter and putting his hand on ours.  
Alex and Triston had fun outside the temple afterwards as well! They melted snow on the lights and walking around the temple with Travis. 
Some other memories...Triston looking at mom as he was being sealed to us.  
Mom said I love you to Triston once the sealing was complete.
Triston gave both mom and dad hugs and kisses afterward. 
Triston remembers a bear hug from Tara Marx!
Everyone remembers all the hugs we got from all our friends and family. 
Travis and I will never forget seeing our kids walking together into the sealing room with the biggest smiles on their faces.  Perfection! 
And we will never forget all the love and support of those in attendance both spiritually and physically.  

No comments: